Child Health and Nutrition
We work for:
- Improvement in knowledge, attitudes and practices towards health and nutrition among children under 6 years, mother and tribal communities
- Reduce all forms of malnutrition, with a focus on the most vulnerable and critical age groups
- Strengthen structures and systems for delivering nutrition, healthy lifestyles, education, and relevant services for children.
- Enable integration of nutrition-related interventions cutting across sectors like women and child development, health, food and public distribution, sanitation, drinking water, and rural development.
- Access to Health & Nutrition and Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) for community located in Melghat.
- Health and Nutrition of Children Affected by Emergencies and Natural Disaster
Major mile stones:
- 40 villages are “Kuposhan Mukt Gav” (Malnutrition Free Village), we are attempting to resolve malnutrition related issues among the most vulnerable children under 6 years in Melghat Tribal area.
- 10000 children covered under the health and nutrition interventions
- 236 children with Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM)identified and referred to CTC/NRC
- Improvement in availability and utilization of medical and nutritional treatment at the family level for children
- Strengthened linkages between the community and government
- 5610 children under 6 years categorized through anthropometry in under-nutrition (wasting, stunting, underweight), regular follow-up and enhanced care, referrals and management
- Resulted into significant reduction in the under 5 children mortality and prevalence of severe malnutrition